Hello everyone! If you missed an opportunity to get Google Swag at a previous event, don’t worry. The Google Cloud Fly Cup Challenge has just started, and you have a chance to win Google swags and goodies. Stay with us to learn more about this challenge.
About the Google Cloud Fly Cup Contest
Participate in this Drone Racing League-sponsored learning challenge to expand your understanding of Google Cloud.
The Google Cloud Fly Cup Challenge is a three-stage developer competition aiming to advance cloud expertise and foster innovation in the drone racing sector. Participating developers can use DRL race data to predict race outcomes and advise DRL Pilots on improving their season performance in exchange for special swag, prizes, and the chance to win a trip to the DRL 2022–23 World Championship season finale, which Google will pay.
It is available to everyone interested in improving their talents, with the possibility of receiving Google swag.
Stages Google in Cloud Fly Cup Challenge
- Google Fly Cup Challenge: Recruit
- Google Fly Cup Challenge: Pilot
- Google Fly Cup Challenge: Champion
Important Note: This stage 1 challenge has to be done by October 10, but the sooner you finish it, the more likely you are to be in the top 50.
Benefits and Perks for Stages 1 & 2
- In stage 1 (Recruit), Top 50 grades: One customized item with the DRL and Google Cloud logos on it for each winner. The value of the prizes is about $50.
- In Stage 2, the first 500 contestants to finish will get vouchers to download DRL’s Simulator on Steam. This swag is worth $9.99. (Pilot).
- Scores 1–25: In Stage 3, each winner got one piece of co-branded, customized DRL x Google Cloud merchandise with a retail value of about $100. (Champion).
- Before the 2022–2023 racing season is over, the top three scorers will have a chance to show DRL Pilots virtually how they did in the Contest (Champion).
Advantages of Stage 3 Prizes awarded to the winner of Stage 3 include:
- The Grand Champion will get exclusive travel to the DRL Championship Race in early 2023, as well as special treatment at the event (up to $5,000 in retail value).
- The prize package may include up to $3,500 in I one-way domestic airfare for one person to and from a DRL race event and ii) two nights’ hotel accommodations.
- If the Grand Champion is unable to attend the DRL Championship race in early 2023, he or she receives an equivalent reward from the DRL.
- The Grand Champion is acknowledged as the Google Fly Cup Challenge winner at the 2022-2023 DRL Championship race.