About the Programme
Under the Kotak Group Companies’ CSR Project for Education and Livelihood, their partner organization Kotak Education Foundation is implementing ‘Kotak Shiksha Nidhi,’ which provides financial assistance to students who have lost a primary earner in their family due to COVID-19 to continue their education.
About Kotak Mahindra Group
The Kotak Mahindra Group, which was founded in 1985, is one of India’s largest financial services companies. The Group’s flagship firm, Kotak Mahindra Financing Ltd. (KMFL), got a banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in February 2003, making it India’s first non-banking finance company to transform into a bank – Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (KMBL).
The Kotak Mahindra Group (Group) provides a comprehensive range of financial services to people from all walks of life. The Group provides a wide range of financial services to individuals and businesses, including commercial banking, stockbroking, mutual funds, life and general insurance, and investment banking. The business model of the Kotak Mahindra Group is based on concentrated India and diverse financial services. The Group’s bold vision for growth is one of inclusion, with a variety of products and services tailored to meet the needs of the unbanked and underbanked.The following is a list of resources. Kotak Mahindra Group Companies are collaborating to sponsor Kotak Shiksha Nidhi, a CSR project focused on education and livelihood that is being conducted by Kotak Education Foundation.
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited (KIAL)
- Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
About Kotak Education Foundation
The Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was founded on January 14, 2007, with the goal of alleviating urban poverty via education and livelihood programmes. KEF works in Mumbai’s destitute regions, such as the slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, and Dharavi, to empower children and youth from low-income households through various education and vocational skills training initiatives, allowing them to become employable and live a dignified life.
- Students studying in schools and colleges across India falling under any of the below categories:
- Loss of both parents due to COVID-19
- Loss of one of the parents due to COVID-19
- Loss of the primary earning member of the family (other than parent) due to COVID-19
- Applicants must be school or college going students from 1st standard up to Diploma or Graduation (ages 6 years to 22 years).
Selection for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi:
- Kotak Education Foundation will choose eligible students for Kotak Shiksha Nidhi and determine the amount of financial assistance provided under Kotak Shiksha Nidhi (financial support for school and college fees payment).
- The Kotak Education Foundation will assess Kotak Shiksha Nidhi applications based on proof of continued education, related expenses from school/junior college/college, as applicable, and valid proof of the loss of a parent/parents/primary earning member of the family (other than a parent) due to COVID-19.
- Includes Indian national students studying in schools and colleges in India.
- Includes school & college fees, library deposit, stationery and other continuation of education relevant expenses payable to school/college, hostel lodging & boarding expenses
- Excludes International boards such as IGCSE, IB, etc.
- For minor applicants (under the age of 18), the minor applicant’s Aadhaar card, as well as identity verification from the minor applicant’s parent or guardian: Aadhaar Card, Voter Identity Card, Driver’s License, and PAN Card are all examples of identification cards.
- Aadhaar Card, Voter Identity Card, Driver’s License, and PAN Card are required for candidates over the age of 18.
- Acceptance proof for the current academic year, such as a fee receipt, a genuine letter, an institution ID card, an admission letter, and a mark sheet from a prior class grade (optional)
- Certificates of death of major earner(s), parent(s), and parents
- Proof of death caused by COVID-19, such as a hospital receipt, a doctor’s prescription, a COVID-19 test report, COVID-19 medicine medical costs, a hospital discharge summary, and so on.References from two (2) people who are aware of the family’s crisis (e.g., a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or government official), if necessary Bank account details of the applicant, if the beneficiary student (applicant) is over 18 years Bank account details of the applicant’s parent or guardian, if the beneficiary student (applicant) is a minor Passport size photograph of the applicant and the guardian
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and you will be redirected to the ‘Kotak Shiksha Nidhi Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Preview’.
- You need to review your details seen on screen for correctness, thereafter, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
For more Understanding, you can follow the below video:
Also, Checkout this Beginners Course to Master Microsoft Excel