Applications are open for Google Developer Student Clubs. Apply to become a Google Developer Student Clubs Lead and get the opportunity to gain professional development, and advanced knowledge, explore new skills and technology and access to various premium courses, which will help you in career growth and development.
About Google Developer Student Clubs
The acronym DSC stands for Developer Student Club. It is a technical community made up of all university students as well as other students who learn, discuss ideas, and come up with viable projects that are likely to solve real-world problems with the help of Google. You’ll learn about the entire application process and requirements for becoming a DSC lead in this post. So, let’s get this party started.
Google Developer Student Clubs are community clubs for students interested in Google developer tools that meet at universities. Students from any undergraduate or graduate programme who want to learn more about programming are welcome to attend. Students that join a GDSC expand their expertise in a peer-to-peer learning environment while also developing solutions for local businesses and communities.
DSC is a Google Developers programme for university students that aims to assist them to improve their knowledge and skills in mobile and web development. It is open to any student, from rookie developers just getting started to advanced developers looking to expand their knowledge. It’s meant to be a place where students can learn and cooperate while working on mobile and web development projects.
Google Developer Student Clubs (DSC) are community clubs for students in their undergraduate or graduate term from any academic background. Students that join a DSC expand their professional and personal networks, have access to Google developer tools and collaborate in a peer-to-peer learning environment to discover solutions to local problems.
What does a Lead’s job entail?
On-campus, form the Developer Student Club.
Organize and teach fellow students about mobile development.
Allow more students to serve as trainers and assist them in leading sessions.
Identify local groups that could benefit from mobile solutions and assist with the creation of those solutions.
Host showcases and other sessions to highlight the solutions.
What are the requirements for becoming a DSC lead?
You must be enrolled in a college or university’s undergraduate programme.
You must be a first-year or second-year student to apply.
You must be committed to the programme for at least one year in order to be picked.
Benefits of Being a DSC Lead
- Access to Google Developer resources and opportunities for free
- Lead a community under direct mentorship from Google
- Chance to grow a personal and professional network
- Building real-life solutions to local problems in your community
- Awesome swags and goodies
- Get invitations for fully funded travelling opportunities to various events
- Be recognized as a collaborator with Google Developers
Here are some more tips that will increase your chances of getting in:
- You must have a decent online presence. It can be in the form of your GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter & Stack-overflow profile.
- Having a personal portfolio will also help you a lot.
- A strong technical understanding of computer programming and/or software engineering is also preferred.
- Prior contribution to the DSC community in the form of a core team member gives you an edge over other candidates.
- They are looking at your passion for creating an impact in the community. So, if you have some prior leading experience in any event at your college or you have connections to the local developer community, that will also help you.
- This is a technical community, so if you have knowledge of new techs like ML or AI or any particular domain like web development or android development, then it’ll also have a very positive impact on your application.
For more Understanding, you can follow the below video:
Also, Checkout this Computer Free Certificate
Join our Community for daily updates on Courses, Internships, Scholarships, Campus Drives, Free Mock tests, Free Courses coupons…etc.
🔰Best Premium Stock Market Course Online – Click Here | Coupon Code – EASY | Price – Rs
999 = Rs 0
🔴Mandatory Course for Everyone: Click here