Hello Readers, there is an amazing and outstanding opportunity for everyone to get a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) totally free of cost. MOOCs are an effective technique of reaching a wide number of participants to share knowledge during the difficult times of the COVID-19 pandemic. Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), an e-learning portal for students and an open-source education platform for students and professionals to enhance their learning skills.
About this MOOC Course
The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a premier training, educational, and research institute under the Indian Space Research Organisation, Department of Space, Government of India, was established for capacity building in the fields of geospatial technology for natural resources, environmental, and disaster management. The Institute offers a variety of short and long-term capacity-building programmes on campus.
The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and the Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in the Asia Pacific (Affiliated to the United Nations) is offering a Free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on “Geospatial Applications for Disaster Risk Management – Phase II”.
During the pandemic, MOOC offered a free and flexible online training programme to anyone interested in improving their capacities in the use of GIS and Earth observation technology in disaster risk management.
Why Should You Attend this Course?
- Experts from institutions and practitioners around the world who are directly working in DRR provide access to their experiences.
- Organizations like the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and procedures like the International Charter “Space and Major Disasters” provide insight into international frameworks connected to disaster management, sustainable development, and climate change.
- Use open datasets and tools to unlock the potential of disaster risk management.
- Obtaining access to approaches for making good use of space-based and other geospatial data for disaster risk mitigation and emergency response.
Track-1 (Basic Module)
Professionals who want to learn more about the current catastrophe risk management trends and how geospatial and Earth observation technology may help.
Professionals who want to improve their skills in using geospatial and Earth observation technology in disaster management at all stages.
Track 1 is a requirement for Track 2.
Structure of this Course
- Candidates who complete Track- can choose to leave the programme or go on to Track-2.
- Track-2 is only possible if Track-1 has been finished.
- Module 1: Overview of disaster risk management (DRM) and the relevance of geospatial technologies
- Module 2: Earth observation and disaster management
- Module 3: Earth Observation and geospatial intelligence for disaster management
- Module 4: EO system and Hydrometeorological disasters
- Module 5: EO system and geological disasters
- Module 6: EO system and environmental disasters
Perks & Benefits
- Candidates completing Track 1 will receive a certificate for completing the Basic Module.
- Candidates completing the basic and advanced module will receive a certificate for the entire MOOC
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Opening Date – June 01, 2021 from 1830 hrs IST
- Closing Date
–November 15, 2021
Participate in this online MOOC course to get Free Certificate online. It’s a virtual or online course for students and professionals, where IIT professors, ISRO professionals provide online live training for everyone. You will have a chance to get a Free ISRO Certificate Online. Attend this Online Course. Apply Link is given below.
For more Understanding, you can follow the below video:
Also, Checkout this Beginners Course to Master Microsoft Excel
Join our Community for daily updates of Courses, Internships, Scholarships, Campus Drives, Free Mock tests, and Free Courses coupons…etc.
Also, Checkout this Computer Free Certificate
🔴Mandatory Course for Everyone: Click here