TATA Free Scholarship Programme 2023 | JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Application Form
Hello and welcome to my daily blog post. Today, I am thrilled to share with you an incredible opportunity for students who are looking to further their education. The JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme is now open for applications, and it could be your chance to receive financial assistance to pursue your dreams.
This scholarship has a rich history of supporting talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, and I’m excited to share more information about this program with you. Whether you are a student who has recently completed their undergraduate degree, or you are about to embark on a postgraduate program, this scholarship can help you achieve your goals. So, let’s dive into the details and find out how you can apply for this fantastic opportunity!
About the Program
The JN Tata Endowment, founded in 1892 by Jamsetjee Nusserwanjee Tata, the founder of the Tata Group, grants loan scholarships to Indians for abroad higher education based solely on individual merit, regardless of caste, creed, religion, or any other criterion.
Candidates are sponsored wherever they want to study as long as they match the merit criteria. So far, roughly 5600 Scholars from all over the country and from all walks of life have received loan scholarships, with approximately 100 awarded each year. Most of the candidates were in applied sciences, information technology, computing, engineering, management, law, and economics, with a few exceptions in the fine and performing arts.
The United States has been the most popular destination, followed by the United Kingdom, Europe, and a few Asian countries. JN Tata Scholars include several notable individuals.
JN TATA Endowment Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be Indians,
- Applicants age must be under 45 years old as of June 30, 2023, and
- Candidates must be graduates of a recognized Indian university with at least 60% on average in their undergraduate or post-graduate studies. Candidates are ineligible to apply if their undergraduate degree is not from a recognized university in India.
- Candidates who were not selected for the loan scholarship the previous year or earlier, as well as candidates who could not take advantage of the loan scholarship when they were selected, are eligible to apply. Such candidates must complete the entire selection procedure.
- Candidates who did not apply to the J N Tata Endowment at the start of their overseas studies may apply at the end of the first year or the beginning of the second year, as long as they have a minimum of 12 months remaining in their studies at the time of loan scholarship award, which is usually in July of any calendar year.
Candidates in their final year of study and those awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have admission/offer letters from the universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2023-2024 at the time of application. They must, however, notify the Endowment of their admittance status by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and using the reference number located on the top left side of the form.
- Candidates who will be studying abroad for seminars, conferences, training, workshops, paper presentations, undergraduate studies, and any post-graduate degree/diploma/certificates via distance learning or online medium are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who intend to pursue postgraduate or undergraduate degrees in India are ineligible to apply.
- Candidates must be admitted to a course that is recognized as a Graduate Program (post-graduate in Indian terminology).
- J N Tata scholars who have fully redeemed their present loan scholarship amount may apply.
Documents Required for Scholarship Application Form
- Candidate’s photo (500 * 500 pixels in jpeg format)
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
- Passport (first & last page)
- Transcript/s for each qualification
- Scorecards (GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS/PTE)
- Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Work experience certificate from the employer (applicable for working professionals)
- Appointment letter from the employer (applicable for working professionals)
- One-year ITR/3 months’ pay slips (applicable for working professionals)
Perks & Benefits (Loan Scholarship Amount)
Loan scholarship of up to INR 10 lakh.
Selection Process for JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
Selection Process has been divided into four phrases:
Phase 1: Submission Of the Appplication Form with the above required documents. And applications must be submitted before 7th of March 2023.
Phase 2: Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of Test.
Phase 3: After that, Shortlisted candidated will go with the Technical Interview Process,, where the following documents required.
- Letter of admission
- Guarantor’s photo (500*500 pixels in jpeg format)
- Guarantor’s Aadhaar card, Pan card, one-year ITR/pay slip last 3
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) specifically addressed to “The Trustees of the J N Tata Endowment” either from a professor of the college or university or the employer, in case the applicant is/was working
Phase 4: In the final interview round, Candidates need to bring the following documents listed below:
- Final year mark sheets and degree certificate
- Certificate of scholarships/ranks/prizes (if any)
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Research work/Project work (only one)
How To Apply for this Free Scholarship Programme?
Click on the below apply link and follow the process according to the video given below to apply successfully for this JN Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme 2023-24