Chapter 2 Quiz Answers
- Which two characteristics describe a worm? (Choose two.)
- hides in a dormant state until needed by an attacker
- executes when software is run on a computer
- travels to new computers without any intervention or knowledge of the user
- infects computers by attaching to software code
- is self-replicating
- In what way are zombies used in security attacks?
- They are maliciously formed code segments used to replace legitimate applications.
- They probe a group of machines for open ports to learn which services are running.
- They target specific individuals to gain corporate or personal information.
- They are infected machines that carry out a DDoS attack.
- Which tool is used to provide a list of open ports on network devices?
- Which type of attack allows an attacker to use a brute force approach?
- social engineering
- denial of service
- packet sniffing
- password cracking
- What is the primary goal of a DoS attack?
- to facilitate access to external networks
- to prevent the target server from being able to handle additional requests
- to obtain all addresses in the address book within the server
- to scan the data on the target server
- What is the purpose of a rootkit?
- to replicate itself independently of any other programs
- to gain privileged access to a device while concealing itself
- to deliver advertisements without user consent
- to masquerade as a legitimate program
- Which example illustrates how malware might be concealed?
- A hacker uses techniques to improve the ranking of a website so that users are redirected to a malicious site.
- An attack is launched against the public website of an online retailer with the objective of blocking its response to visitors.
- A botnet of zombies carry personal information back to the hacker.
- An email is sent to the employees of an organization with an attachment that looks like an antivirus update, but the attachment actually consists of spyware.
- What is the most common goal of search engine optimization (SEO) poisoning?
- to trick someone into installing malware or divulging personal information
- to build a botnet of zombies
- to overwhelm a network device with maliciously formed packets
- to increase web traffic to malicious sites
Intro to Cybersecurity Ethics Quiz Answers
Cisco – Intro to Cybersecurity – Chapter 1 Quiz Answers
Cisco – Intro to Cyber Security Chapter 2 Quiz Answers
Cisco – Intro to CyberSecurity – Chapter 3 Quiz Answers
Cisco – Intro to CyberSecurity – Chapter 4 Quiz Answers
Cisco – Introduction to CyberSecurity Final Exam Answer 2020 Updated