Hello Friends, if you are a student looking for a summer internship program that can enhance your knowledge and skills in the field of research, then the NIT Rourkela Summer Internship Program 2023 can be the perfect opportunity for you.
The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela is one of the premier technical institutes in India, and its summer internship program provides students with a chance to work on cutting-edge research projects under the guidance of experienced faculty members.
In this article, we will discuss the details of the NIT Rourkela Summer Internship Program 2023, including its eligibility criteria, the application process, and benefits.
About NIT Rourkela Summer Internship Programme 2023
NIT Rourkela has launched a Summer Internship Programme with the goal of encouraging ambitious brilliant students from various institutes in India to pursue an innovative research and development project under the supervision of NIT Rourkela faculty. The selected summer fellow would enroll at NIT Rourkela with no institute registration expenses. The Institute is proud to offer 50 Summer Fellowships.
- The student must be available throughout the above-mentioned time frame (May 16 to July 15, 2023); otherwise, he or she should not apply. Requests for late arrival or early departure will not be considered.
- He/she should have all grade sheets up to the previous semesters (for example, if he/she appears for the 6th-semester examination in April/May 2023, he/she should have all grade sheets up to 5th-semester results accessible at the time of online application).
- Every B.E./B. Tech student with a solid academic record who has taken at least the fourth-semester exam.
- Any B. Arch/Integrated M.Sc/Integrated M.Tech/Dual degree student with an excellent academic record who has taken at least the sixth-semester exam.
- Any M.Sc/MA in Development Studies/MBA student with a strong academic record who has completed at least the second semester.
- Students who have graduated or are in the last year of the above-mentioned degrees are not eligible to apply.
DURATION of this Internship
The internship duration is between May 16 to Jul 15, 2023. Biometric attendance on working days is compulsory. Extra leave is not applicable.
FELLOWSHIP AND OTHER FACILITIES
- There will be no fellowships or other financial aid.
- Housing is provided at no cost at the NIT residence halls.
- Laboratory, library (without borrowing), and internet access are all available.
- Medical center (consultation with a doctor at the Institute dispensary).
- Food in the hostel will be paid for (about Rs. 115/- per day).
The Internship is available in the following departments:
- BM: Biotechnology & Medical Engineering
- CE: Civil Engineering
- CH: Chemical Engineering
- CR: Ceramic Engineering
- CS: Computer Science & Engineering
- CY: Chemistry
- EC: Electronics & Communication Engineering
- EE: Electrical Engineering
- ER: Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- FP: Food Process Engineering
- HS: Humanities & Social Sciences
- ID: Industrial Design
- LS: Life Science
- MA: Mathematics
- ME: Mechanical Engineering
- MM: Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- MN: Mining Engineering
- PA: Planning & Architecture
- PH: Physics and Astronomy
- SM: School of Management
Depending on available projects floated by the respective departments.
How To Apply For NITR Summer Internship Programme?
Interested and eligible students need to complete the online application on or by Mar 28, 2023 (Tuesday) by clicking the link given below.
To begin, create a login id and password by registering yourself. Please do not attempt to create numerous logins; otherwise, the system may block your application. After that, you can access the system and complete the application form. Please select an acceptable project and provide a written description of your potential contribution to that project. You may assign up to two project topics based on your preferences. Submit various testimonials such as a photograph, mark sheets up to the most recent semester, and a completed recommendation form signed and stamped by your department’s head.